1.31.2009

Cravings / Aversions : Second Trimester

Craving : PB&J

For some reason, I couldn't get enough of them early on in my second trimester. I distinctly remember waking up one night in September probably around 1 a.m. (back when sleeping on my tummy was still an option) and just thinking: PB&J PB&J PB&J, almost zombie-like all the way to the kitchen. After scarfing down 2 sandwiches I went back to bed thinking that would be the end of it. Long story short? Over the course of the next 8 hours I would have a total of 6 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Eventually I gave up on the bread part of the sandwich and simply settled for PB&J.... on a spoon.

Craving : Pistachio Pudding

Sitting on my bed, working on some chemistry homework (balancing equations to be exact), doing nothing at all that would be even remotely linked to pistachio pudding -- and I can't get it out of my head. I tried to tell myself I wasn't hungry. I only had 8 problems left. It could wait. Turns out... it COULDN'T wait. I literally started practically drooling and had to get up and make myself pistachio pudding. There. Mission accomplished. I had made 2 bowls of pudding (1box) and set them into the refrigerator and was then going to resume my chemistry homework to let the pudding settle. I couldn't. All I was able to think about was the delicious taste of the pistachio pudding. Half sprinting to the kitchen, I wrenched open the refrigerator door and gulped down (it was still liquid) one bowl of the absolutely delicious pudding concoction. Deciding that one more bowl wasn't going to be enough, I made up another box of pudding and set those 2 bowls in the refrigerator. By the time I finished doing that, the other bowl of pudding was hard enough to actually be called pudding, and I ate it. Probably about 10 minutes and 4 bowls of pudding later, I was able to resume balancing my equations without any distractions!

Aversion : Cooking hamburger meat

Let me make that a little more clear, it wasn't the cooking part that bothered me; it was the smell. Every time my boyfriend made Hamburger Helper I tried to avoid the kitchen as much as possible. The one and only time I tried cooking hamburger meat during my second trimester I had to cover my face with a dishtowel because the smell just got to me. To me it almost resembled something like cow poop in a barn, it was just horrible! I couldn't even touch hamburger meat at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment