1.31.2009

The belly

It just keeps getting better! Aside from the large watermelon out front that's keeping me from sleeping soundly through the night, I have now developed the "oh-so-wonderful" pregnancy sign: STRETCH MARKS. At first I thought I would be part of the lucky 10% that dodged them, then I noticed the first small one starting right below my belly button and to the right a little. Apparantly I wasn't lucky enough to avoid them entirely. It makes me so mad! I've been using that cocoa butter lotion and stretch cream stuff since I was 6 weeks pregnant; twice a day, at least! All those days of smelling like a tanning salong for nothing. That just bums me out. I guess I am going to have to gear up because it doesn't look like they're going to show any sign of staying the same size that they are now. Guess I won't be wearing any super sexy bikinis to the beach this summer -- not that I was really planning on that anyways!

Things have been going pretty well around here. Got all of the shower gifts sorted and put away. Christopher is going to be one stylish little boy! Sorted through his clothes and organized the dresser and re-organized the dresser at least 3 times. Definitely have nesting syndrome. Hope it doesn't get much worse! I don't think we'd have enough detergent for me to wash and rewash and wash his clothes over and over.

As the end is getting near I think time is going opposite for me. You know how they say that the end of pregnancy is supposed to take forever? Yeah, .... no. It's going by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was 9 weeks along and now here I am 33 weeks -- that's 8 MONTHS! I can't believe it. When people ask me how far along I am it feels so surreal to say 8 months. My belly is a wavepool of movement. I have the feeling he isn't going to stay in there until March 21st. He wants out!!! I will be very surprised if I make it that far. And probably very uncomfortable. I guess I can't really complain too much, though. Besides the stretch marks, which I will complain about until I turn blue! But other than the backache, I have adjusted pretty well to being pregnant. After reading about the horrors of being in the 3rd trimester: constipation, hemorrhoids (eek), super swollen feet, horrible cravings, I can honestly say I've been very lucky not to have any of those. I mean, the occasional swollen feet when I've been doing the dishes for too long, but other than that I am pretty comfortable! I am also pretty happy that I've stayed within my weight gain goal of 30 lbs. I am going to try to maintain that. I don't want to have to lose too much after the baby!

33 weeks + 0 days

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment