3.17.2009

39 week appointment

Had my membranes stripped today at my appointment. I can't tell you that it was the most pleasant experience; but it definitely wasn't the most painful thing I'd ever felt, like I had read on some of the websites. My cervix is even really far back and it took her awhile to finally get at it. Maybe I just have a higher pain tolerance... I'd like to think so anyways. Most of the discomfort was taken away by the news that I was dilated to a 3 just within the past week and am 75% effaced (thinned out, that's a good thing)! I was so excited that everything else was just sort of blurred. That was good news. That's why I've been feeling so much more pressure and discomfort the past week. I lost my mucus plug and didn't even notice. Dilating to a 3 is the "early phase of labor" and I passed it without even noticing! I'm pretty excited about that. Maybe all of that walking did some good after all. However, I'm not experiencing any contractions whatsoever. Big downer. I was really hoping that procedure would work. Essentially what they do is separate the bottom of the amniotic sac from the cervix in hopes that it causes the uterus to contract more and help the cervix open. If the procedure is going to work she said it generally will start within the first 32-48 hours and you'll deliver within 72 hours. hmph. I went for a walk and tried to stay standing but so far nothing.

I didn't gain any more weight. My stomach was at nearly 43 cm, so he's still growing! She said I am mostly carrying out front, which I already knew. When I lay down my belly just sticks straight up in the air! His heartbeat was 150 bpm's today. Perfect! He's healthy and doing good. He's just being stubborn and doesn't want to come out yet. I don't blame him. It's probably very warm and cozy in there. Well, maybe a little squished now. My dad and brother came up tonight and brought me my bookcase and my dad's friend made me some curtains for the nursery. She did a great job -- they look so cute! They're dark blue and thick so they'll block out all of the sunlight for the baby. I just want to have him already. I've been getting a little more of an "ominous" feeling, though. Just kind of a calm. I think I don't have much longer to wait. Geez. But what do I know? I'm just speculating. I have no idea what to expect. At least I hope I don't have much longer =) We're ready to meet our lil man!

*************************************************************************
39 weeks + 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment