3.11.2009

38 Week Doctor Appointment

Alrighty. Well, we're still hanging in there. My hips/pelvic bones are really, reeeeally starting to ache. I swear I feel like a 90 year old woman; and I'm probably walking like one too! It really honestly feels like there is a bowling ball resting on top of the 2 pelvic bones between my legs and they're going to snap at any time or just break apart. Omg. They're really sore. I can't do leg lifts to the side, or lift my leg up when I'm lying in bed! It's crazy! But I'm thinking that's a good thing. It means my body's getting ready.... which I think I would rather have than just trying to pop him out without making any adjustments first :) Maybe I'll be super duper flexible after this! That would be awesome! Actually, I'll be able to run faster. That's a proven fact. Should share that fact with the high school track team.... hahahaha.... Just Kidding! Anyways, about the doctor appointment.

It was with Margo again. The same woman from last week. I've actually lost 3.5 lbs from last week! Craziness. Weight stabilization? Woot woot. That's a good sign. He's still growing. Unfortunately she didn't tell me what my uterine height was. She just said "he grew" and I was in the middle of not forgetting to ask her my question that I ended up forgetting to ask her how MUCH he grew. Dangit. My blood pressure is great : 104/52. His heartrate was 140 bpm's. Such a healthy lil guy. He's just perfect! His head also moved further down into my pelvis. She said she could feel it sitting right atop the cervix. Thanks for all the extra pressure! Anyways, this next part could be a bit of TMI but I don't really care. I'm going to share anyways because it's all part of pregnancy! Before you go into labor you lose your mucus plug. MMk. So the name sounds much grosser than it actually is. It's just the "stopper" for the cervix. When the cervix starts to efface or dilate a little you lose it. Well, I am pretty sure I lost mine tonight! Which is exciting. But it's not a definite timeline for anything. Some women lose their mucus plugs 4 weeks before labor, some the day of. But really, it just means that... well. It's a good sign I take it! Considering I wouldn't have 4 weeks left to go anyways. I think it's because he's putting all this extra pressure and moving down further that things are starting to happen more. I also think all the walking I do really helps. Go me! But, everybody's advice is starting to bug me lately.... I'm getting it from all angles. Especially from people who aren't even pregnant! It's like, THANKS! But I'm overwhelmed and TRUST ME. I can read for myself. I've been quite informed about this whole pregnancy thing. I am pretty sure I've read every possible piece of info on it on the internet. Ok, that's an exaggeration... but you get the point! So, basically if I'm not asking for advice... please, please, PLEASE keep it to yourself. Thanks for the offer, but I'm really getting too much of it. Even from strangers in the grocery store. I'm going to put my grocery basket on the next one's head. Especially if they ask me in the "oh-not-so-polite-way" of "So, when ya' poppin?" Oi. In a way it's nice, but.... ugh. haha. I'm just trying to take it in with the whole pregnant experience. Anywho. That's my lil tidbit for today. I'm just relaxing and watching movies and taking it easy. Nothing to do and keeping my feet up and enjoying every minute and sometimes even the silence. Something I think will be pretty scarce in a couple of weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment