3.04.2009

Anxious

I feel like the kid in the back of the car on one of those long trips saying, "Are we there yet?" Ugh! I just want it to be now. I am sick of waiting! I just want him to be here already. I never thought I'd get to the point where I was so anxious and so ready, but I'm definitely there! Just like I never thought I'd get to the point where all I would want to wear was sweatpants. 4 months pregnant and I was convinced that I would be able to live in my trendy maternity jeans the day until delivery. Not. I also never imagined I would get to the point where I would trade my stylish, outfit-matching slip ons for some old, dilapitated tennies from sophomore year. Then again, this shouldn't come as a surprise considering this entire last year has been full of them!

The last week or so I've been getting really down and stressed with how I'm ever going to manage being a single mom. Especially with finishing school and having Sam gone in the AirForce. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. So I just have been praying about it. Well, today I got 2 letters in the mail. One from my grandmother and one from my aunt. They were exactly what they needed and it was so ironic that they came on the same day. My aunt is a single mom and she basically just wrote that we never get more on our plate than we can handle and so somebody must think we're able to handle alot and that's why we're given the challenge. My grandma's card was equally as perfect fitting for the situation and how I've been feeling. It said that God never gave us more than we can handle. They made me smile and I felt reassured. My grandma also wrote a letter on the inside of the card. One of the lines she put in there I think will stick with me for the rest of my life, "God never wastes time on anything - every experience He allows to come our way - every thing we go through - all things have a divine purpose." I really like that quote; it's so true.

******************************************************
37 weeks + 4 days

No comments:

Post a Comment