3.03.2009

M.I.A. Ankles

I was such a crab yesterday. Whoa. Talk about hormonal, mood-swinging, grumpiness! Yikers. I just wish I would realize how grumpy I was being when I was in the act. See, but then when it's happening I'm just telling myself, "No. I'm not crabby. This is completely legitimate." And then I get to the next day and feel like... yeahhhh..... nice. So.... sorry Sam! I was probably a bear yesterday.

Anywho. I actually got to sleep in my bed last night! Very exciting. It was the first time in over a week because I've been having that lung pain. Except that I had to make myself go back to bed at around 3 a.m. because I wanted to get up and do stuff. But, I knew that wasn't a good idea because I've been sleeping so poorly and I had an appointment today and I didn't want to be tired. Woke up this morning, though, and guess what pulled a magic trick and disappeared? MY ANKLES! They're completely gone. Here's a slight analogy; pretend my ankles were previously mountains. Mt. Everst, let's say. They're now more like.... rolling hills. You know, the tiny ones that you barely even notice? It's like playing I Spy when you're looking for my ankles. The only shoes that fit me now are these stretchy tennies I've had since sophomore year. Boy I'm glad I kept them because they're so comfy & amazing!

Appointment overview : The midwife I had today (Margo) was the one I had spoken with over the phone on Thursday night. My ultrasound from Thursday and the test results had been faxed over to the Marshfield Clinic so she got a chance to look at them. She apologized....and good! She should've because she was ridiculous that night. The results showed that my gallbladder actually WAS slightly inflamed (the radiologist on call that night had missed it.... nice, huh?) and that I did have pleurisy. I called it! The tissue was all swollen between my lung and rib area which was causing the pain. She even asked and double checked that I didn't need a refill on my painkillers because she said she can't imagine how painful it was. Well, she's right. haha. But I didn't take any. I don't want them unless I absolutely need them, and it's been getting a little better. Baby's doing great! I gained 4 lbs in water weight.... ugh. Where the hell is the weight stabilization? grrr.... You can definitely tell. I feel like I'm sloshing around when I walk and that's the reason for my sausage fingers and M.I.A. ankles. But he's growing, too. My fundus height (uterine growth) is 41 cm this week. Ahhhh!!! Big baby on the way. I'm only 37 weeks, so his growth really shot up there. If he doesn't come within the next week they're 95% sure they'll have to induce me, otherwise he'll be too big and I'll end up with a C-section... which I don't want. His heartbeat was 151 bpm's which is perfect! Normal is anywhere between 120&160 and he was moving around so 151 was great. It was cute, when she put the doppler on my belly to listen to his heartbeat I don't think he liked it because he kicked it right off =) What a lil stinker. I'm getting so excited for him to get here. My mind is racing when I go to bed and it's getting harder for me to sleep. I just want to be able to see him and play with him. Mmm.... I can't wait! I have baby mania.

No comments:

Post a Comment