2.16.2009

<3 + Burn = heartburn

Hola. Feeling pretty much 100% better. Completely over the flu! Yay. Went to bed pretty early last night, for me anyways. Woke up at 5 a.m. though with really bad reflux again. So I paced the apartment for 20 minutes and got a little glass of water, then went back to bed. I have to sleep with a few pillows supporting me and keeping me upright, otherwise that makes it worse. It blows waking up to that. Other than that though everything's good. Staying away from spicy foods and chocolate (specifically fudge brownies.... I found those made my reflux act up). I think I'm learning how to get it under control. Downloaded Laugh and Learn About Childbirth. It's actually pretty good. The instructor is funny and it's not boring to watch. Hopefully Sam and I will be 1 up on all of the other people in our Childbirth Saturday class which is coming up this Saturday. 8 1/2 hours we're going to be there.... AH?! But I figured that'd be better than dragging it out for 4 weeks. I would be less motivated to go. Since we already toured the hospital and are watching this video, if this Saturday just seems like re-run info we're going to head out early. I think I've pretty much prepared myself and we won't need to stay if it's all just repeated stuff; and I think people have gotten by without going to any sort of childbirth class whatsoever or reading any books. I figure we'll be just fine.

Other than that. Not much else to report! I'm finding my wardrobe less and less attractive lately. It takes me 20 min just to find something to wear that I'm comfortable in. I feel like a whale =( Shamu for sure! haha. I guess that's normal though considering I'm almost 9 months pregnant! I don't feel as big as I thought I would. I always envisioned myself being just enourmous when I was pregnant. I mean, sure I've got quite the belly, but I just always thought I would be larger. Maybe you just adjust to being pregnant though. haha. I'm sure if you were to strap the belly that I have now on an unpregnant me I'd go into shock! But yup. Downloaded Baby Mama to watch.... I love that movie. It's so cute. On a less positive note my hand's still tingly and numb. That won't go away until after delivery. It's caused by all the extra fluid and stuff in my joints that it just presses on the nerves in my wrist and makes my hand tingly all the time. It's alot worse when I'm driving (probably not good!). Sometimes my entire hand goes numb. But I can still move it, just not feel anything. Pretty weird feeling. Well, I suppose. Gotta get the darn dishes done. Ugh. My dad's coming tomorrow and bringing the queen size air bed so I will be able to sleep in my bed again! YAY!! We're going to take the hard mattress off and put the air bed on my bed frame instead and that's what I'll have til the baby gets here. It'll be much better than the piece of crap airmattress we have now that's stationed in the living room and deflates within 2 hours of sleeping on it. Ick.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

35 weeks + 2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment