2.18.2009

Is it almost over?

I am feeling extremely ready to be un-pregnant. I mean, the kicks and rolls are fun and adorable but I am so uncomfortable. I feel like a moose... with legs. I am definitely in the Lovin' Sweatpants Stage of my pregnancy. For some reason, I thought for certain I would be exempt from this. "Nah, I'm not going to get to that point. I'll still love wearing my cute maternity jeans and tops...." NOT! The jeans are itchy. The band digs into my tummy. My cute maternity tops make me feel like a bubble. Hellooo sweatpants! <3>

Last night I actually ended up going to bed early and in my own bedroom! Hooray. I have a feeling when I start going into labor it's going to be at night. That's when my Braxton Hicks (practice contractions) occur the most and are the most "painful". Basically just imagine somebody hitting your thigh and giving you a charlie horse -- when your leg gets rock hard? Ok. Take that feeling and apply that to your belly / uterus or whatever. That's the best way I can think of to describe a Braxton Hicks contraction. Last night he decided to kick me so hard and his foot got lodged somewhere between a couple organs. OMG. It felt like my insides were on fire. That one really hurt. I've been having quite a bit of pressure and the insides of my thighs are cramping up. It's kind of exciting because that happens in the last couple weeks of pregnancy so I know I'm getting ready for everything! It's also sort of scary and daunting in a way. Labor's just around a corner and pretty soon all the baby clothes will be filled! I am having a hard time imagining it. I almost feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever, even though I know that's not going to happen. It's definitely a weird thought. Like, is this actually going to happen? Somehow it feels like a dream.

But anywho. I've been trying to record him moving, so far, NO GOOD. Doesn't want to cooperate. Apparantly they're supposed to slow down a couple days before labor. I'll be excited for that. He's a crazy little acrobat! My whole belly is just one big wavepool. Sam saw it move last night. He's saw Christopher just do little kicks and spurts before, but nothing major like this. It was a good one. Christopher just literally rolled over and my whole stomach changed shape. It morphed. haha. Whenever I tried to show Sam before the little bugger would be shy and stop moving. What a turkey =) Well, I'm going to move my bed and get the bassinet in my room. don't worry. The bed's light, it's just an airmattress on top of the frame and it has wheels so I'm all clear to move it! I'm psyched. I love changing my room around

****************************************************************************

35 weeks + 4 days

No comments:

Post a Comment