2.21.2009

Childbirth Classes && 9 months preggers!!!

Well, well, well..... I don't even know where to start. Sam and I woke up bright and early to get ready for our all day event. Got to the hospital at about 8.30 when our class started. I had some pretty high expectatioins for today, apparantly. There were 9 couples there. I was the furthest along out of everybody!! That was kind of cool. I felt special. One of the women there was due a month after me and she was bigger than me. She's going to have fun with that! We got a booklet and a bunch of handouts at the door and they had some muffins and juice out. I mowed down a couple muffins.... =) Delicious! Then we started in. The woman teaching the class is a labor/delivery nurse at Sacred Heart Hospital (where we were at). She was nice enough and everything, but all the information she presented was just random. It had no focus, whatsoever! She did a couple demonstrations with her "uterus"; which was actually a knitted cap that held the baby. That was interesting to see in person, but.... nothing special. There was a birthing video... OMG YUCK. I had to look away. No way in hell (excuse my language!) that I am EVER using a mirror or something to see the baby come out. Nooooo way. EW. I thought my delicious muffin was going to be making a second appearance. Luckily Sam and I have been watching our childbirth video (which is way better) and we were one up on all of the people in the class. Some of the couples were even middle aged, probably young 30's and we knew more than they did. Actually, we were the ones asking / answering questions. On the breaks it was funny because all of us prego ladies headed straight for the bathrooms. There was a nice little line going. Anyways. At about 12.15 the class was going to take the lunch break and we were done discussing all of the medical information. I'll let you in on something... from that entire morning and uselessly presented facts I didn't learn a thing. We didn't learn WHEN to call the doctor/midwife, when was the best time to have an epidural (she was very, very vague), where to go when you came or anything! So Sam and I got in the car and we were going to hit up Taco Bell or something and get his phone charger and we both decided that we were wasting our time. And we really were. The rest of the day was breathing exercises and the hospital tour; both of which we had already done. The whole set up of the class had no structure. I was so disappointed. To top it off Christopher had been moving all morning and had my intestine or something pinned down and it was really hurting. There was no way I was going to be sitting on the floor doing mock breathing exercises (that we already knew how to do) with a stomachache. So we went out to eat instead at the nice little Mexican restaurant and then I came back to the apartment and took a nap. I am so tired today. I actually just got up 15 min ago! Tonight Sam and I are going to finish watching Laugh and Learn About Childbirth. That's the video I was talking about. It's a recorded childbirth class, just like what we went to. I get alot more out of the video. Instead of just telling you random things it says stuff like "6 signs of labor". Then you learn what they are and repeat them. That is going to be more useful than anything we learned today. But hey, we got free muffins!

Other than that, I am officially 9 months pregnant today! WOOHOO. You know what that officially means????? Next month I won't be pregnant?!? WOOHOO. I'm pretty excited. As much as I do like being pregnant as far as feeling him move, all of the other stuff is getting a bit old. Especially the getting up at night 4-5 times to pee. So it'll kind of be bittersweet. I'm getting a little more nervous for labor & delivery just because I am technically full term now which means it could start virtually any day now! I'm thinking within the next couple of weeks. That's just the vibe I'm getting. But I could be wrong. All of his clothes are washed now. I got him some more onesies and some a few pairs of pants. We also have all of his bottles now and I just have to sterilize them. So as far as getting ready goes, the only thing we have left to do is vacuum his room and then rearrange my room so the bassinet fits next to the bed. I might actually start that tonight. I think I have been nesting the past couple of days. Yesterday for sure anyways. But that's about it here! Probably going to go make some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment