2.02.2009

Grocery Shopping

Today is grocery shopping day! I love grocery shopping. It's just like Christmas. The refrigerator goes from bare to overflowing. <3>

I'm getting more and more used to people staring at me in public. At first I was so self-conscious about it. Going out was terrifying to me. I just wanted to stay in the house and I dreaded everyone staring. Now it's just like, "Yeah. I'm pregnant. Get over it. Keep staring like that and I'm going to poke you in the eyes." Pregnant people are interesting. I'll be the first to admit that I always stared at pregnant women/girls in public. They were fascinating! Now I realize how uncomfortable it probably made them. Then you always have the "older" generation of folks that think we're all too young and incompetent. Them and their eye rolling. That's what's really annoying to me. It just feels so judgmental. But I try and not let it bother me. I know everybody out there in the world is going to have their opinions and I just can't let it get to me! Oh, and there are ALWAYS the people who think your belly is like public property and an invitation to offer advice and tips. UGH! Some woman walked up to me in shopko before and just touched my stomach! It was like... um... EX-CUUUUSE ME!!! I politely asked her not to touch me. But still. Strangers find it in their best interest to ask you how you're delivering, what pain method you're using, and then tell you why you SHOULDN'T use that method and all about their horrible experiences. I suppose. It's all part of being pregnant =)

I'm hopefully going to *attempt* to make Lasagna rolls tonight. Went to cooks.com to get some recipe ideas. I hate eating frozen foods all of the time. They sound a little tricky though. I've never made lasagna before, but I've always wanted to. Fingers crossed they'll turn out and be delicious.

Had a really hard time falling asleep last night :( Couldn't find a comfortable position and then I just got so worked up and frustrated that it took even LONGER than it would've to fall asleep. I think I am going to have to start sleeping with a blanket or pillow wedged under my big belly for extra support. I think that's part of the problem of why I wake up with backaches. I guess that makes sense though. My stomach sticks out front and I think it just needs a little extra support when I'm sleeping. Something to hold it up a little bit! hehe. Bought a sleeper/dress/nightgown thing. It's heavenly comfortable. I think Sam was making fun of me for it... but hey! I like it, and I think it looks better than wearing oversized t-shirts to sleep. Yuck. I hate feeling unattractive and gross in big t-shirts. Some days they're ok. But, ugh. I just wanted something a little more cute to wear to bed. Don't worry, it isn't a granny nightgown, in case that's what you're picturing!
***************************************************
33 weeks + 2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment